Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Don’t trust the NDE


 ⚠️ DO NOT TRUST EVERY “LIGHT” YOU SEE IN A NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE.

Many people who describe near-death experiences say that they saw a beautiful light, a radiant being, Christ, or a world filled with peace and love.

And then a dangerous sense of complacency can develop:

“Since I experienced something so beautiful, I now know what I will encounter when I die.”

But Orthodox spiritual tradition warns us not to blindly trust every spiritual experience.

The Apostle John says:

“Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits.”
— 1 John 4:1

And the Apostle Paul warns that Satan can transform himself “into an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Therefore, the issue is not simply:

“I saw a light, therefore I saw Paradise.”

Nor:

“I saw Christ, therefore I know with certainty what will happen to me after death.”

The Church does not teach us to base our salvation on personal experiences, visions, or emotions.

Christ did not tell us:

“Do not worry; whatever you do, in the end you will see a beautiful light.”

He called us to repentance, faith, love, humility, and spiritual struggle.

So do not allow a beautiful experience to give you a false sense of security.

The fact that something appears to be full of light does not automatically mean that it comes from God.

Examine.
Discern.
Pray.
Remain close to Christ and to the truth of the Church.

Because one of the greatest spiritual mistakes is to believe that you already have certainty about eternity while you are still living this life.

☦️ DO NOT TRUST EVERY LIGHT.
TEST THE SPIRITS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t trust the NDE

  ⚠️ DO NOT TRUST EVERY “LIGHT” YOU SEE IN A NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE. Many people who describe near-death experiences say that they saw a bea...