Friday, August 28, 2026

Cyprus 1974, the Turkish Officer Cried


 Video Translation:
  • 00:00 - 00:08: Summer of 1974. Turkish troops invade Cyprus and spread death.
  • 00:09 - 00:18: In Morphou, Turkish soldiers arrest fifteen Christians. They bring them to the courtyard of a Greek Cypriot teacher.
  • 00:19 - 00:29: The prisoners — men, women, young children — are turned towards the wall. The weapons are prepared. Mourning, weeping, lamentation.
  • 00:30 - 00:37: Those condemned to death wait in an atmosphere of fear and agony for the Turkish officer to order "fire".
  • 00:38 - 00:44: They turn their mind and heart to the Hope of the Desperate. They pray fervently.
  • 00:45 - 00:54: The teacher whispers: "My God, forgive us and accept us near You. Remember us, Lord, in Your Kingdom."
  • 00:55 - 01:02: The Turkish officer arrives. He looks at his soldiers with their weapons, looks sullenly at those condemned to death.
  • 01:03 - 01:08: He casts a glance upward. A grapevine spreads and covers the courtyard.
  • 01:09 - 01:16: He asks for a bunch of grapes, to deliberately prolong the agony of the prisoners. He takes the bunch.
  • 01:17 - 01:22: He gets ready to eat it. Suddenly, the loud voice of the teacher is heard.
  • 01:23 - 01:29: "Don't eat it!!! The other day I sprayed it with pesticide. It's strong poison! You will die!"
  • 01:30 - 01:36: The officer remains speechless. Filled with astonishment, he asks the teacher.
  • 01:37 - 01:44: "Well, since you know that in a little while I will give the order to kill you, why didn't you let me die and take revenge?"
  • 01:45 - 01:49: The teacher answers him with peace and tranquility: "I am a Christian."
  • 01:50 - 01:56: "Now that I am about to appear before God, I wouldn't want to weigh down my soul with sin."
  • 01:57 - 02:02: The Turkish officer is shaken. He turns and says to his soldiers:
  • 02:03 - 02:08: "If I found such a Turk, I would give even my life. Put away the weapons!"
  • 02:09 - 02:11: "Set them all free!"
  • 02:12 - 02:17: The power of Christian love is stronger than weapons. It conquers everything.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Cyprus 1974, the Turkish Officer Cried

      Video Translation: 00:00 - 00:08:  Summer of 1974. Turkish troops invade Cyprus and spread death. 00:09 - 00:18:  In Morphou, Turkish sold...