Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Little Rosa

A narration attributed to Metropolitan Neophytos of Morphou

“I had an incident involving a very good young woman who came to me and confessed what had happened to her. I told her to give her daughter a particular name.

Why?

Because this woman had had an abortion when she was a university student in France.

Later, she came to Cyprus and found a job. She met another man in Cyprus and became pregnant, even though she was not married. The man told her, ‘I am not going to marry you. I never promised you marriage.’

She said that she was at home, sitting and crying. She was reading something when she suddenly saw a little girl, about twelve or thirteen years old. The girl was wearing beautiful pink clothes.

‘The color is significant,’ he said. ‘I mention it for a reason.’

The little girl was walking back and forth in front of her.

The woman asked her:

‘How did you get into the house? Who are you?’

The girl replied:

‘Mom, don’t you remember me?’

‘Mom?’ the woman said.

‘Yes. You are my mother.’

‘But why?’ the woman asked. ‘Do I have a daughter?’

‘Yes, you have a daughter. Have you forgotten that you were in France, studying there, and that you killed me, Mom?’

The woman replied:

‘But, my child, you are not dead. You are alive.’

The girl answered:

‘I am in Heaven. This is how I am now.’

‘Do you hear me?’

And then the little girl said:

‘And I don’t want you to do the same thing to my brother.’

As she said this, she pointed toward the woman’s belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Little Rosa

A narration attributed to Metropolitan Neophytos of Morphou “I had an incident involving a very good young woman who came to me and confess...